How AskZacky.com Works
- How to get Prizes!!!
- How to ask/publish your question (for both: registered and unregistered users)
- Snapshot of your own questions (login Home page for registered users)
- "Categories" page
- "Questions" page
- How to answer a posted question (only available to registered users!)
- Site Registration
- "Sign in"
- "Search" functionality
- Bottom Menu
- Site Navigation
- Static Pages
1. How to get Prizes!!!
First of all please click on "Prizes" icon to get familiar with our Prize policy.
Basically, we will award prizes every month of the year to the most active site users! Users who asked AND answered the most questions for the month will be awarded prizes. Here is our Prize Policy in a nutshell:
- Unlike on most sites our Prizes are NOT based on lottery
- Unlike on most sites there are NO contests which you'd have to enter in order to be eligible to win Prizes
- Unlike on most sites we are NOT asking you to provide your personal information in order to be eligible to win Prizes
- You do not have to spend your money FIRST just to be eligible to win Prizes later
- There are NO obligations on your part whatsoever to be eligible to win Prizes
- There are NO hidden charges for eligibility to win Prizes
- There are NO hidden tricks for eligibility to win Prizes
- There is NO fine print for eligibility to win Prizes
2. How to ask/publish your question (for both: registered and unregistered users)
there are two "Ask your question" buttons on every site's page – they are found on the top and on the bottom of every page:
On the top: On the bottom:
(who also, by the way, can ask questions on the site) – there are also two buttons, but the first button is positioned differently:
On the top: On the bottom:
When you click on a button "Ask your question" the following screen appears (for both: registered and unregistered users):
From that screen you:
- Choose your question's category from drop-down box
- Type your question in a second box
- Click on button "Publish your question"
The next screen in this process is seen below – it is just a confirmation that your question has actually been published. After that you are re-directed to "Questions" page.
The final screen is just showing your published question:
You can see this question being shown on the bottom of the Home page in the area "Most Recent Questions":
And also you can see this question being shown on "Questions" page under "Science & Education":
3. Snapshot of your own questions (login Home page for registered users)
Once you log into the site – first thing you will see is just a list/snapshot of you had previously asked on this site.
For example, user "MAXIM" can see his recently asked question "Why are there craters on the Moon?":
4. "Categories" page.
On that page site users (including unregistered ones as well) can see a snapshot of all questions' categories used on the site; how many questions were asked per each category and how many of these questions were actually answered:
Clicking on each Icon/Category link opens a corresponding Questions page already filtered to contain only questions and answers in that category (below shown - "Science & Education" category):
To get to "Categories" page user can use either Upper or Bottom menu:
5. "Questions" page
To get to "Questions" page user can use either Upper or Bottom menu:
"Questions" page contains all questions asked on the site. This page can contain an unfiltered list of all questions representing All Categories: Or "Questions" page can be filtered by any specific category (below an example of "Questions" page filtered by "Music and Entertainment"):
Filtering by a specific category on "Questions" page is done by clicking on downward looking arrow next to a shown category.
From the point below you can click on any category next to icon and see questions/answers in that category.
6. How to answer a posted question (only available to registered users!)
Any question on "Questions" page is shown as a link.
Clicking on the question link opens a window where any user can see a list of answers posted for that question:
If you are an then when trying to answer a posted question you will see this window:
Since this function is only available to registered users we are asking you to please register on the site. It takes less then a minute and there no obligations whatsoever!
If you are a - clicking on a link opens a window below where you can type in and publish your answer to a posted question:
User can type his/her answer in the designated window and after that click on button "Publish your answer":
7. Site Registration
Once you open the site for the first time you will see this:
Please click on a green "Register" button and you will see this:
Fill out all the fields and click a green button "Register" and you will be redirected to the site. As you can see - registration indeed takes less then a minute!
Once you are logged in to the site you can check your profile settings by clicking on "My Profile" link on the right upper corner:
You can change your profile as well as your avatar (your image above) and password by clicking on "Settings" link on the right upper corner. Please do not forget to click "Save" button whenever you change profile, avatar or password!
8. "Sign in"
Click on "Sign In" button on the top of the Home page:
And the next screen you see will be this one:
Enter your Email and Pwd (please do not supply blank spaces!) and click on green button "LOG IN".
9. "Search" functionality
"Search" box is available on every page of the site on the upper right corner. Simply type in your search word and click on magnifying glass: Executing a search on "telescope": Search has found one entry: Sometimes search does not find what you are looking for – in that case a "Not Found" window is shown to the user when search on "squirrel" was activated: In that case you try executing search again refining it, checking spelling mistakes or use more general terms.
10. Bottom Menu
On the Bottom menu user can find the following items:
11. Site Navigation
You can navigate the site using several options:
- Regular "Back" & "Forward" buttons found in every browser:
- Clicking directly on any Upper or Bottom menu
- Using Breadcrumbs – very easy and convenient way to not only navigate the site, but to determine your exact position on the site as well:
12. Static Pages
There are the following static/informational pages available on the site:
- About Me
- How It Works
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us